Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Candle Guy

I wanted something a bit more unusual to show everyone today, something handmade besides pictures, glass and fabric.  I checked out the handmade candle selection, and this artist had the best pictures, the most professional looking candles, and intriguing scents.  TheCandleguy821, who used to have a shop on Etsy but moved on over to Artfire, has a passion for candle making that few could match.  His products are carefully tailored for quality, and he does a great job describing the scents - something that few artists have to worry about!  (all images copyrighted to the artist)

"Dragon's Blood" - drew me in right away, and told me that this was the real deal.  Anyone with a candle called Dragon's Blood knows what he's doing :)  I absolutely love the picture background, it's gorgeous.  And check out the the great label - another byproduct of professionalism, and it makes you feel better about what you're buying.  You know it won't be a shoddy product.  He even has the aroma description on the label.  But I have to put the fragrance description from his website: "Dragons Blood candle fragrance oil has an aroma like an oriental blend of orange, rose, and carnation nestled on a warm dry down of patchouli".  I think that sounds divine. 

We go from the hotblooded Dragon to the frigid "Ice" candle, a blend of eucalyptus and spearmint.  He has scents that cover the whole aroma spectrum.  The label on this is beautiful, and the marble effect in the candle goes well with its name.  All of his candles are beautiful; they'll decorate a room when not in use. 


I've never heard of this scent before, but it sounds very good.  Cloves, cinnamon, sweet pine, and a hint of spicy citrus.  Sounds awesome, doesn't it?  And he even gives you suggested uses for his candles, as some have therapeutic qualities, and tells you if the scent is overpowering or subtle.  That's a key point that I like to have; you don't want to purchase a candle only to find out that it invades every room of your house uninvited. 

I had to add this last one because lemongrass is one of my favorite scents and very few candles have it.  This is also in the aromatherapy series, another great idea.  I believe in the power of scent, and usually rely on lemongrass for mellowing me out after a stressful day.  

Needless to say, if you're looking for handmade candles, look no further.  I believe candles are one of the best gifts you can give as well, since you've either just given the person a gift they'll love or a gift they can re-gift with confidence.  A candle could go through ten different Christmas bags, but it will eventually find someone who likes its scent.  
And as we speak, Candleguy is getting ready to introduce a few new scents in his shop like Blueberry Muffin and Bird of Paradise!  Click here to begin browsing for your next gift, whether it be for you or a friend! 

2 comments:

  1. Kyglass, a special thank you. Since the article was published I have sold 11 pillars from my in stock inventory. Some of the candles in this article have sold out. I will restock these candles starting tomorrow.
    Thank You
    Donald

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad! Congratulations, I am happy to have helped.

    ReplyDelete