Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SaiSai Sensations

I found this artist through her blog when I clicked on "Next Blog" and landed on her old blog, which had a link to her new one, and I'm so happy that I did.  Saisai creates mixed media jewelry, accessories and paintings with beautiful, sparkly, and feathery objects.  I love her asthetic.  I am particularly fond of her wood paintings that are embellished with found objects; I've never seen that before, and the contrast between the 2 and 3-D is great. 

"Welcome Spring".  This caught my eye INSTANTLY.  It just popped right out.  Not only is the painting gorgeous and very skillfully executed, but the embellishments are placed in just the right spot and aren't overwhleming the picture.  It would be very easy to overdo it with that large flower, but she managed to place it so that it accents rather than dominates. 

"Cote d'Azure" - One of the things I love about her work is the description of her piece.  Check out the one for this item and you'll find a succinct, interesting story of how it evolved.  It gives the buyer a chance to connect with the piece, and it's hard not to when she uses such eloquent and lovely language!  Now on the actual piece - the colors are beautiful, and I love how it is truly one-of-a-kind.  Again, it's simple enough that it's not just a mish-mash of items. 

Another of the wood paintings with found items, "On Vacation" will add a bit of chic style to the room.  It packs a big punch for its small size.  You can feel the personality of this lady.  The colors are great, the dark under the chin really sets off the rest of the piece.  If you're looking for a conversation piece or something to give a room a "feel", this is definitely it. 

I'll mention her website again because it's really well done.  Not only does it have a blog, but it has her art and all the services she offers, which includes graphic design.  And how can you not like her with a name like "Sai Sai?" 

1 comment: